Digital Communications Specialist
Creative, versatile Digital Communications Specialist with 15 years of experience in marketing, branding, digital communication, and content management. Proven history of progressively taking on more responsibility.
Equip for Equality 2017 – Present
- Manage content, donations, and updates on organization website and all social media outlets.
- Write, distribute, and monitor press releases and media statements.
- Created and maintain editorial calendar for creative content, online updates and brochures.
- Use a CRM to mange donor database, including creation of mailing lists and gift receipt letters.
- Write grant proposals and reports for foundations and corporations from $5,000 to $100,000.
- Develop content, design, and manage mailing lists for e-blasts.
Consultant 2010 – Present
- Manage multiple websites for clients in a variety of nonprofit and for-profit sectors.
- Write over 70 magazine articles per year, which are distributed in three languages.
- Design logos and other graphics as contracted.
- Train and advise clients on using social media, managing websites, and crafting communications.
- Evaluate use of communications technology and recommend/implement changes.
Anixter Center 2012 – 2016
Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications
- Managed all content, donations, stores, and security updates for 5 websites.
- Oversaw multiple social media channels for Anixter Center and its three divisions.
- Developed content, designed, and managed mailing lists for e-newsletters with 7,200+ subscribers.
- Supported fundraising events from concept phase through end-of-night teardown.
- Designed and wrote content for brochures, ads, posters, banners, and program books.
- Led a team to develop, test, and launch of an award-winning website.
- Worked on a team to update external and internal brand standards for all media.
- Organized and ran a social media fundraiser that raised $20,000 in about two weeks.
- Instituted monthly e-newsletter reaching 2,000+ subscribers with 25% open and 20% click rate averages.
- Developed and created 5step mailing campaign directed to area audiology clinics.
COMP Performance Group 2010 – 2012
Online Content Director
- Managed and maintained 5 web stores containing thousands of items.
- Managed various social media outlets and online forums.
- Started and grew a Facebook page from zero to 12,000 followers.
- Coordinated photographers, designers and writers to produce original print and web content.
- Led designers and oversaw all aspects of catalog and brochure production.
- Coordinated photographers and videographers for video and multimedia projects.
- Developed newsletters and tracked subsequent analytics to improve results.
- Proofread all advertisements, articles and press releases before publication.
- Researched, developed and wrote press releases for six automotive companies.
- Conceptualized and created various editorial pieces for print and web publishing.
Creative Designs and Consulting 2008 – 2012
- Designed brochures, fact sheets, logos and other promotional products.
- Developed, wrote and edited all forms of communication.
- Designed and managed web content for multiple clients.
Life Plus International 2005 – 2010
- Developed and wrote content for internationally distributed company magazine.
- Designed and implemented the look and feel of online training courses.
- Created electronic newsletters; including writing, graphics and code.
- Provided event support duties, including working with groups of international travelers.
Freelance, Consulting and Pro Bono Clients
Law Offices of Casey D. Conklin
Develop, design and maintain website, including SEO and ongoing analytics.
Life Plus International
Develop and write content for internationally distributed company magazine.
West Side Institute for Science & Education
Content management, graphic design, web design and web strategy consulting.
National Latino AIDS Action Network
Content management, graphic design and web design.
- Social media and SEO content authoring.
- Capable of applying written and spoken English skills to a variety of mediums.
- Excellent computer skills and expertise in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and web technologies, including Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Constant Contact, MailChimp and Google Analytics.
- Experienced in graphic design, web design, copywriting, editing and proofreading.
M.S., Communications, 2019
Western Michigan University
B.A., English, 2005
Strategic Communications Management, 2018